Post your nomination online and you could win a £10 Waterstones voucher!
As great as the Orange Prize for Fiction is, all lovers of contemporary women’s writing have experienced frustration at a seemingly obvious oversight: even more so if you’re also a fan of poetry, drama, non-fiction and the short story. So here’s your chance to champion your most recent favourite writing by a female writer. Presenting…. The Pineapple Prize! We would love you to post your nominations for books that in your view deserve recognition on Facebook and Twitter before 21 May 2012.
We will then draw up a list of all nominations on our website, with the eventual winner announced on May 31 (the day after the announcement of the Orange winner). All those who tweet or post their nominations will be entered into a prize draw to win a £10 Waterstones gift card and two copies of the nominated book to donate to a library, book group, charity, hospital, school or similar of their choice.
- Just tweet your nomination @pgcwwn (tag ‘#pineapple’) or post in our Facebook group (PG CWWN). Please make sure to mention the name of the text and author!
- You can nominate any novel, non-fiction book, poetry, short story collection, drama text, or even an individual poem or short story – so long as it has been written by a female writer and published in either hardback, paperback or digitally between May 2011 to April 2012.
- No novels that have been listed for this year’s Orange Prize.
- You can submit as many nominations as you like, as long as they fit the stated criteria.
- If you have room, feel free to squeeze in a few words regarding why you loved it.
Sponsored by Waterstones, Leicester Highcross